Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools and Electrical Measurement Tools.
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer to be located at our Lincolnshire, IL Corporate Facility.
The Project Engineer position is responsible for being the lead engineer for multiple product categories. This position works on specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing. This position coordinates activities concerned with technical developments and reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Supervise new tools, engineering changes, and tool takeovers from launch through production sign-off, communication and documents.
2. Quote new projects and engineering changes to existing products.
3. Lead project feasibility discussions.
4. Provide engineering involvement and sales support with customers.
5. Specify and purchase project‐specific equipment.
6. Develop and maintain workstation layouts and job instructions.
7. Develop and maintain bills of material and process routings.
8. Maintain e‐maint system to facilitate work flow.
9. Perform other jobs as needed.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering and minimum of seven (7﴿ years of experience in Product Design and
Development. Knowledge of Metallurgy is preferred.
Ability to demonstrate a proven capability to manage and lead major engineering projects is required, as is the ability to lead a project team.
Must possess strong analytical, planning, organizational, and conflict resolution skills.
Must possess working knowledge of Lean tools ﴾5S, Kaizen, etc.﴿
Demonstrate project management skills ﴾Microsoft Project computer skills preferred﴿.
Ability to communicate with all levels of a project team.
Ability to complete projects on time and within budget.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.