Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for an Associate Product Manager to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Associate Product Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Product Development in developing and executing product-oriented plans that fit the company's selling tactics, distribution channels, strategy, and financial goals. Directly responsible for managing tactical execution details on assigned product categories or product introductions. This position ensures timely execution of product specific plans and effectively communicates critical information. This position will supply market, product, financial and end user data analysis to drive business decisions. As needed, this position will be responsible for financial objectives on small product category in addition to assisting Director of Product Management on large, strategic product categories.
Specific responsibilities will include:
1. Assist Director of Product Management on short and long term product plans.
2. Execute plans for assigned product categories or projects to include special promotions, new products, forecasts and other relevant activities. Responsible for achieving financial plans for each product/project.
3. Provide data analysis on the competitive environment, current product offering, customer needs, sales trends along with specific, and targeted recommendations. Assists Director to seek out, evaluate, and prioritize opportunities for product improvements, product line additions, new markets, improved merchandising, promotions, and other growth prospects.
4, Support assigned products/projects by overseeing and executing plans, including product launches, product modifications, and promotions.
5. Display leadership qualities when working with cross-functional teams. Drives effective communication and collaboration within the organization. Fosters good working relationships among team members and other functional contacts.
6. Stay in touch with the market through interaction with sales people, distributors, and end users through a variety of venues. Collects and maintains market information. Conducts market research as necessary. Spends 15% of time in the field and documents this time and how and where it is spent learning about customer needs.
7. Understand basic tactical product knowledge on product functionality, pricing, packaging, merchandising, use, and applications. Provides product-related assistance to other areas of the company as needed.
8. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, or related technical field and two (2) years of relevant business experience. MBA preferred.
Ability to project manage multiple tasks effectively.
Ability to understand and perform basic mathematics and financial calculations.
Experience in consumer goods (durable preferred) distribution through Retail or Commercial channels is desired, but not required.
Must have strong communications skills, verbal and written. This includes basic PC/Internet skills such as E-mail, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.