Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL Facility.
This is a supporting role where the individual is responsible for performing engineering analysis to define design requirements, review suitability of materials, and feasibility of proposed processes under daily direction. Requires solid knowledge of engineering fundamentals and principles with good general understanding of various material properties. As individual experience grows, the individual may be responsible for acting as the Project Leader to successfully guide projects through our phase gate process.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Prepare and route product documentation including, but not limited to, detailed drawings, Bill Of Materials (BOM's) specifications and inspection criteria as directed.
2. Carry out proposed routings, BOM's, and cost estimates for completing the proposed project.
3. Fulfill benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed processes or material changes.
4. Participate as directed in resolving engineering design, product quality and testing issues.
5. Design, develop prototype and test product components, sub-systems, and fixturing applied principles and techniques of electrical, mechanical, and/or industrial engineering analysis and findings.
6. Write technical reports as directed to document engineering analysis and findings.
7. Prioritize work to align with the goals of the department and various project teams.
8. Review personal progress withing projects on a consistent basis and work to maintain time lines.
9. Seek out and demand accurate inputs and produce only quality work product for downstream customers.
10. Be able to adapt and function in an environment of changing priorities often under tight time constraints.
11. Maintain close contact with associated engineering groups and project teams.
12. Work to minimize any design detail that may cause extra steps and add cost in the manufacturing process.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or an Engineering Degree with three (3) years of Mechanical Engineering experience. Must possess strong technical and analytical skills, planning and organizational skills, and be capable of facilitating projects and solutions. CAD experience required (SolidWorks preferred).
Candidate should demonstrate strong communications skills - oral, verbal and written. This includes basic knowledge using Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook. Strong team focus and ability to work with others, both internal and external to the organization.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.