Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for an Operations Controller to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Operations Controller will have responsibility over the Company's accounting for inventory including cost of goods sold, direct & indirect labor, overhead costs, variances, inventory valuation and reserves. Essential functions of this role include the ability to apply US GAAP, analyze financial information and prepare/review monthly plant level reporting.
This position will oversee the monthly closing cycle of the plants and will be responsible to interface regularly with operations teams as well as other finance leaders to articulate results with clarity and transparency.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the manufacturing processes and cost accounting structure of Klein Tools to be able to analyze and discuss all elements of the production process.
2. Establish and maintain systems to provide standard cost data and cost estimates for pricing, inventory valuation and other operating requirements.
3. Provide analytical and technical skills related to cost accounting and reporting activities along with supporting internal and external audits.
4. Review journal entries, account reconciliations and other transactions for completeness, accuracy and timeliness.
5. Monitor, track and improve the cycle count process and inventory accuracy.
6. Work closely with plant management identifying and implementing internal improvements.
7. Ensure management is provided timely and accurate financial reporting, dashboards and other various financial metrics.
8. Support company‐wide finance initiatives that deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness for the finance and accounting function.
9. Provide leadership, coaching, direction and growth opportunities to members of the department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company's established policies.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least ten (10) years of experience as a Cost Accountant or higher level role within a large manufacturing environment. Minimum of five (5) years in a management role leading a team of accounting/finance professionals.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
Should demonstrate strong leadership and team building skills in order to motivate and manage direct reports to accomplish change within the existing business processes.
A strong knowledge of and background in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications is required.
Must have strong communication skills, verbal and written.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.