Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools and Electrical Measurement Tools.
We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be located at our Lincolnshire, IL Facility.
As a leading member of a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team, you will participate in the feasibility, conceptualization, specifications, design, analysis, prototyping, testing, and pilot production of multiple diverse new products. As the lead engineer using your diverse range of engineering skills and creativity, you will collaborate with team members, vendors and outside sources in order to see products through from concept to production.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for properly supporting and managing the new product development, sustaining and cost saving initiatives. This position is responsible for the general engineering requirements for the Klein Tools core product lines. This position will work with team projects and manage projects of their own.
Specific responsibilities will include:
1. Apply the new product development process to bring product from feasibility, through development, pilot, and up to launch.
2. Perform quality improvement and cost reduction projects that improve customer satisfaction and profitability. Use problem-solving skills to analyze engineering difficulties.
3. Define and drive appropriate corrective actions.
4. Perform engineering analysis and field research to define design requirements for new products.
5. Develop test plans for benchmark evaluation of competitive products, qualification of new or proposed products, as well as ongoing product improvement utilizing proposed processes or material changes.
6. Mentor novice engineers and apply engineering knowledge while continuing to learn and grow from our more experienced engineers.
7. Working with external suppliers to drive successful, on-time new product design from concept to production.
8. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering with five (5) years work related experience.
Must possess a solid understanding of new product development and new product introduction. Must possess a large spectrum of academic engineering principles and a basic understanding of business related initiatives.
Demonstrate strong technical, analytical, planning and organizational skills.
Ability to facilitate complex projects and solutions and work on a project team. Ability to communicate and contribute with all cross functional members, staff members and outside consultants. Ability to work with all internal department, plants and facilities as well as outside vendors of finished goods and suppliers of components. Ability to manage tasks and mid-scale engineering projects. Ability to communicate with all levels of a project team and management. Ability to complete activities and perform projects on time and within budget.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
401(k) Company Match
Shared Cost Medical & Dental
Education Reimbursement Program
Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.