Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Regional Sales Manager to be located in Western Europe.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for all sales activities and results as assigned within the respective geographic region and assigned accounts. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the selection, training, motivation, supervision, and discipline of all District Managers and manufacturers' representatives as assigned within the geographic region. Role focuses on expanding existing distributor relationships to drive revenue growth within the territory.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Lead all sales territory representatives within the Region in accordance with all Klein Tools policies, which includes but is not limited to: sales activities and performance, expense management, company property, confidentiality, vacation etc.
2. Meet and exceed assigned sales quota for the region, including new product and promotional sales. New customer additions are at or exceed set quotas/revenues in support of the Company's annual business plan budget. Supports all marketing / sales events as assigned.
3. Travel with all territory representatives on a regular basis, with a minimum of four visits per District Manager (DM) and Manufacturers Rep annually. Perform all sales management and training duties as assigned.
4. Call on top 25 customers in the region on a regular basis as determined. Top 25, and major account calls must also focus on developing a working relationship with distributor senior management. The Regional Manager must know and have established relationships with top executives at all top 25 accounts.
5. Assist District Managers and Manufacturers Reps in the Region with the top 25 major account planning process. Participate in the regional top 25, and other key account planning process, which includes specific quarterly review and planning process with each territory. This process shall include: reviewing and establishing 5 quarterly objectives, sales results, and other pertinent topics. Assure completion and reporting of these plans as agreed.
6. Ensure territory is covered appropriately and any open position is filled within 90 days.
7. Ensure territory representative's complete assigned annual Vo-Tech program calls, which include class presentations, award dinners, and other tasks as necessary.
8. Maintain knowledge of and implements; all company policies, procedures, and directives. Meet all dates as assigned for reporting expenses, activities and other tasks as assigned.
9. Ensure all company property are accounted for and maintained properly. Maintain travel and other territory expense budgets as assigned. Must report all company vehicle, business accidents, and moving violation tickets to supervisor immediately. Maintain confidential all company proprietary information including but not limited to, product information, pricing, customer lists, customer records, customer call records, marketing information, sales plans, and all electronic data/records.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree Required. Bachelors Degree preferred with at least ten (10) years of Sales experience is required. Must have at least three years responsible management of 4+ employees, preferably field sales management. Must prove a record of continued growth and success.
Must have versatility and flexibility in adjusting to changing business needs and priorities, and strong communications skills, verbal and written. This includes basic knowledge using Microsoft Office to include Excel,
Word, and Outlook. Strong team focus and ability to work with others, both internal and external to the organization. Must be bondable, and possesses a valid drivers license at all times.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.