Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Manager to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Manager Manufacturing managers, plans, and directs daily manufacturing operations of assigned department to ensure continuous production and delivery of products consistent with customer requirements and established departmental, plant, and company goals. This position will coach and mentor staff, ensure Klein quality standards are met, and lead various safety and lean manufacturing efforts within the facility to drive best-in-class operational performance.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Ensure the timely delivery of products within the cost and quality specifications through effective use of subordinates and production activities. Ensure manufacturing capacity is utilized to meet customer demand; accountable for accurate staged and/or finished inventory levels. Key Metrics: Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Schedule Adherence on Time percentage, Inventory Accuracy percentage, Cost per Unit, and Champion of lean methodologies.
2. Analyze and review operating methods procedures on a continuous basis to develop and implement improvement strategies. Include your team in the improvement process to improve their technical and managerial skills. Maintain visual scheduling methodologies to drive collaboration in problem solving.
3. Develop the annual departmental fiscal budget. Determine staffing levels on an ongoing basis. Review regular departmental financial reports and take action where necessary to control costs. Approve all purchases of supplies and equipment. Plan, justify and submit capital projects for the department. Implement and communicate countermeasures as required.
4. Execute Company policies and procedures regarding job announcements and select candidates. Establish and communicate job content, accountabilities and standards of performance. Conduct formal performance evaluations. Interact with subordinates and Human Resources concerning departmental disciplinary issues.
5. Drive a proactive approach to Safety Management through education and reinforcement. Ensure that proper safety methods are used in the department as specified by the Corporate Loss Prevention group. Assure your team maintains an orderly and clean department.
6. Implement quality systems/programs designed to provide assurance of product quality. Participate in Material Review Board Meetings that pertain to the department.
7. Provide opportunities for staff to improve technical and managerial skills, through training and education.
8. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelors Degree in Operations, Business, Engineering, or related field with five (5) years experience in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge/experience with strategy deployment preferred.
Must posses comprehensive knowledge of PC and various business office application of new information.
Ability to listen and communicate effectively. Ability to lead people. Ability to actively engage by means of discovery, process, and/or application of new information.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.