Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Senior Quality Engineer position works directly with the Global Quality Manager, analyzing manufacturing processes for improvement using various methods of testing and inspection. In addition, the Quality Engineer analyzes manufacturing processes for improvement using various Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing tools.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Develops, applies and maintains quality requirements and standards for development and manufacturing products. Effectively communicates and reinforces the commitment to quality improvements.
2. Serves as the primary quality assurance resource to department supervisor(s) for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
3. Promotes and executes procedures & techniques for designing and manufacturing a product that meets customer needs based on DFSS (Design For Six Sigma).
4. Designs and implements methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
5. Promotes and executes statistical analysis, statistical control, quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
6. Assists in process validation via capability studies when changes occur or new capital is delivered.
7. Reviews change requests and ensures that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
8. Develops, executes and analyzes quality-reporting measures using the Corrective Action System for NCMRs.
9. Reports to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
10. Participates in internal quality audits and DFSS activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during tool or process design and startup.
11. Responsible for managing the NCMRs & CARs that have been created for incoming and in-process issues.
12. Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assures that effective corrective action is implemented.
13. Compiles, writes and delivers training material on quality standards and activities.
14. Understands and complies with the ISO standard requirements.
15. Participates in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) for Processes, P-FMEA.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related discipline.
A minimum of 4 years of experience in a Quality Engineering role within a Manufacturing environment.
Training in general Safety and Quality system awareness.
American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
Proficient in using measuring instruments (e.g. calipers, micrometers, optical comparators and CMM's).
Able to use a Corrective Action system to monitor issues.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.