Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to be located in our Elk Grove Village Forging Facility.
This is a supporting role in which the individual is responsible for performing engineering analysis to define design requirements, review suitability of materials, and feasibility of proposed processes under daily direction. Requires solid knowledge of engineering fundamentals and principles with good general understanding of various material properties.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Prepare product documentation including, but not limited to, detailed drawings, specifications and inspection criteria as directed.
2. Prepare proposed routings, bills of material, and cost estimates for completing the proposed project.
3. Perform benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed processes or material changes.
4. Participate as directed in resolving engineering design, product quality and testing issues.
5. Design, prototype and test product components, sub-systems, and fixture applying principles and techniques of electrical, mechanical, and/or industrial engineering as directed.
6. Write technical reports as directed to document engineering analysis and findings.
7. Prioritize work to align with the goals of the department and various project teams.
8. Review personal progress within projects on a consistent basis and work to maintain time lines.
9. Seek out and demand accurate inputs and produce only quality work product for downstream customers.
10. Be able to adapt and function in an environment of changing priorities often under tight time constraints.
11. Maintain close contact with associated engineering groups and project teams.
12. Work to minimize any design detail that may cause extra steps and add cost in the manufacturing process.
13. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution or program with no work experience; or an Engineering degree from a related field and 3 years of relevant work experience in the assigned area. 1 to 3 years of SolidWorks or other CAD software experience is preferred.
Must have strong technical and analytical skills.
Must have planning and organizational skills.
Must be capable of facilitating projects and solutions on time and within budget.
Demonstrated oral and written communication within a team environment.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required.
Basic CNC programming knowledge a plus.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.