Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Demand Planner to be located in our Cedar Rapids Facility.
The Demand Planner position is responsible for the forecasting activities associated with Klein Tools' finished product inventory. This position creates and maintains forecast models for Klein Tools incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analyst and other sources.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Develop demand forecasts ﴾operational forecasts﴿ at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
2. Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
3. Coordinate cross‐functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
4. Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers and use accurate information for demand forecasts.
5. Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
6. Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase‐outs.
7. Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning team.
8. Execute day to day activities in a highly effective materials organization, capable of improving customer service, while keeping inventory and cost at a minimum.
9. Maintain a constructive relationship with Procurement, Engineering, Accounting, and Manufacturing in support of the Business' strategic goals.
10. Efficiently utilize supply chain tools within the plant at all times.
11. Create and assist in the development and documentation of standard work.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelors degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field and three ﴾3﴿ years related work experience.
APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management ﴾CPIM﴿ preferred. Experience in operations, inventory management, materials requirement planning and lean manufacturing processes, and with visual management systems is preferred. Prior experience working with Inventory Management & Production Reporting Systems highly preferred.
Demonstrate strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to interact effectively with and establish rapport with all levels of management and staff employees.
Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office ﴾Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word﴿. Experience working with integrated computer programs and/or applications.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.