Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL Corporate Facility.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for creating incremental growth in new and existing markets. This position will work to identify new business opportunities with both distributors and end users and develop and execute the strategy to expand the Company's overall portfolio of business. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for new business development processes including analysis of market opportunities, creating end user product demand, and establishing channel partners to fill the demand.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Identify new market opportunities for the Klein Tools brand.
2. Develop a strategy for the new market that includes target customers, products, and distributors.
3. Execute the tactics outlined in the strategy to create sustainable revenue growth. Identify opportunities and align business unit resources to secure those opportunities.
4. Research prospective accounts, pursue leads, and maintain relationships in the targeted markets.
5. Help the marketing team to create messaging that supports Klein's strategic position in the markets.
6. Possess a strong understanding of our services and our competition in the industry. Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on new products.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelors degree in Business or related field (required) with three ﴾3﴿ to five ﴾5﴿ years of business to business (B2B) sales experience.
Qualified candidates will have a history of successfully working with channel partners ﴾retail and/or wholesale﴿ to create mutual growth.
Experience developing marketing programs and/or promotions to drive stronger brand awareness and sales results. Tool sales experience is highly desirable but not required.
Demonstrates commitment to meeting or exceeding customer expectations, effectively solicits and responds to the needs of the customer both external and internal. Qualified candidates must demonstrate excellent communication skills in order to interact effectively with and establish rapport with all levels of management, solid Excel and Powerpoint skills, and critical thinking abilities. Candidates must also demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office ﴾Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word﴿.
This role will require approximately 60% travel.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.