Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for performing engineering analysis to define design requirements, review sustainability of materials and feasibility of proposed processes under daily direction. The position will perform benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed processes or material changes. The position will design prototypes and test product components, sub-systems and fixturing by applying principles and techniques of mechanical engineering.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Prepare product documentation including, but not limited to, detailed drawings, specifications and inspection criteria as directed.
2. Prepare proposed routings, bills of material, and cost estimates for completing the proposed project.
3. Perform benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed processes or material changes.
4. Utilize problem solving skills in resolving engineering design, product quality and testing issues.
5. Design prototypes and tests product components, sub-systems, and fixturing applying principles and techniques of electrical, mechanical, and/or industrial engineering as directed.
6. Write technical reports as directed to document engineering analysis and findings.
7. Review personal progress within projects on a consistent basis and work to maintain time lines.
8. Seek out and demand accurate inputs and produce only quality work product for downstream customers.
9. Maintain close contact with associated engineering groups and project teams.
10. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution and one (1) year related work experience.
Must possess one (1) to three (3) years SolidWorks or other CAD software experience.
Must possess strong analytical, planning, organizational, and conflict resolution skills.
Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
Ability to manage engineering projects, tasks and be an active member of a project team.
Ability to communicate with all levels of a project team.
Ability to complete projects on time and within budget.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.