Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Credit and Collections Analyst to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL Facility.
The Credit and Collections Analyst is accountable for working directly with customers, finance, sales and customer service to process credit applications, collect accounts receivable, manage and resolve deductions and handle other credit and collection duties and projects as assigned.
Specific responsibilities will include:
1. Work Accounts Receivable (A/R) portfolio to maximize cash flow via timely collection of open balances; emphasis on phone contact.
2. Minimize bad debt write-offs by recommending appropriate credit limits and controlling A/R within limits.
3. Monitor credit holds to ensure orders are held as needed to control risk but collectible sales are optimized.
4. Handle all aspects of domestic and international credit and collections as assigned including risk monitoring.
5. Handle national account credit and collections duties as assigned and develop efficiencies to expedite payment and deduction resolution.
6. Communicate effectively with internal finance management, sales, customer service, and other departments.
7. Communicate effectively and professionally with customers, banks, vendors and other suppliers.
8. Prepare account reconciliations and other reports as required.
9. Monitor, collect and assess reasons for unapproved deductions and provide required documents to resolve.
10. Develop, negotiate and monitor payment plans as needed for delinquent accounts.
11. Drive process improvement with respect to credit and collections procedures and resources.
12. Prepare and update credit files with credit reports, bank and trade references, National Association of Credit Management (NACM) reports, etc.
13. Work within AS400 and other systems to add notes, generate reports, conduct research, etc.
14. Respond to NACM trade experience requests and trade reference vendor requests.
15. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelors Degree, or equivalent experience in Deduction Management as well as Domestic and International credit and collection.
Certification of National Association of Credit Management (NACM) is preferred. A certification in either Certified Business Appraiser (CBA) or Credit Business Fellow (CBF) is a plus.
Must hold financial analysis expertise/ability to analyze customer financial statements.
An individual with knowledge of credit and collections and active experience in both areas with the ability and desire to make numerous collection calls. Must be able to interact with all levels of management inside and outside the Company and possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Experience using Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Candidate should have the ability to develop customer rapport, negotiate and attain closure with minimal supervision. Must show a positive attitude and strong commitment to teamwork, team results and personal excellence.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.