Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Director, Quality to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL Corporate Facility.
This position is responsible for total product quality, product safety and the continuous improvement of quality related processes company-wide. The primary goal of this position is to maintain and improve product quality as measured by warranty return rates as a percentage of sales.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Drive down warranty returns as a percent of sales.
2. Test and pro‐actively make plans to ensure the Company is in compliance with internal policy as well as external regulatory standards and bodies, such as International Organization of Standardization ﴾SO﴿ and Total Quality Management ﴾TQM﴿.
3. Act as a gatekeeper in the new product development process to ensure that all products launched are consistently durable, reliable, and safe.
4. Provide all domestic locations with input for continuous improvement in quality processes to drive quality excellence.
5. Develop, implement and manage the corporate quality control program and internal audit process for all domestic locations. Provide direction for program revision, training and education for employees regarding quality.
6. Develop and implement quality control standards which include testing and inspection of all manufactured products, purchased products, components and raw materials.
7. Review and make changes to the quality control program to ensure quality and consistency across all domestic locations. Ensure that information is presented clearly, concisely, accurately, in logical format and in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
8. Hold monthly quality meetings to update the quality team on key quality developments and needs.
9. Evaluate and advise the executive team on the impact of long range planning regarding new quality programs, strategies, and regulatory action.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Engineering or related technical field with a minimum of seven ﴾7﴿ years’ experience in a Quality-related field, including a minimum of four ﴾4﴿ years working in the manufacturing industry are required.
American Society for Quality Certified Quality Engineer ﴾ASQ CQE﴿ and Six Sigma Black Belt are highly preferred.
Experience applying DMAIC data-driven principles for improving, optimizing, and stabilizing business processes and designs.
Experience managing Quality from a Supply Chain perspective is strongly preferred.
Must possess knowledge of ISO 9000 quality systems and manufacturing control methods.
Ability to lead a team of people and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. Must have the analytical skills necessary to develop factual reports and present findings through data-gathering, interpretation, compilation and analysis of
information. Ability to prioritize and oversee multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues in a multicultural, multinational environment. Strong process improvement skills and ability to develop and implement processes within established timelines. Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office ﴾Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word﴿.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.