Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Senior Learning & Development Specialist to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Senior Learning & Development Specialist is responsible for overseeing, managing and leading the site training program to ensure that all staff at the site have access to processes and resources to aid in the understanding and performing of job functions. This will include designing, implementing and measuring the effectiveness of training programs and position curriculum for the site.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Develop, manage and maintain the site training program, policies and procedures.
2. Lead/host New Hire Orientation and On-Boarding programs.
3. Lead site training initiatives & projects as well as keeps in close communication with network counterparts (i.e. Talent Development Association) for best practice sharing.
4. Ownership of designing, developing, coordinating and delivering training sessions.
5. Collaborate with managers to develop training curriculum including technical, managerial, soft skills, and external education.
6. Report local Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and effectiveness of training programs to the Training & Development Manager.
7. Conduct and facilitate on-going review of all safety and leadership training requirements with line management to ensure training is completed for all personnel within the site.
8. Design and develop training materials including training/job aids and handouts.
9. Ensure physical training records are maintained and filed.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelors degree in Training/Organization Development or relevant field with five (5) years of training & development experience in manufacturing.
Master's degree and CPLP (Certified Professional in Learning and Performance) preferred.
Must possess knowledge of basic training principles. Must possess knowledge in delivering departmental or other training classes.
Must possess knowledge in project coordination.
Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills (for systems, structures and tools to support training functionality, delivery and tracking.)
Demonstrated decision making capabilities.
Demonstrate strong communications skills, verbal and written.
Demonstrate good organizational skills.
Note: This position will require 30% travel.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.