Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Channel Sales Manager to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL Facility.
The Channel Sales Manager role is a sales position with responsibility for annual revenue growth in line with the responsibility of designated channel. The Channel Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining the relationship, direction, coordination and sales growth of our major regional and national distributors within the assigned channel.
Specific responsibilities will include:
1. Serve as the primary contact and liaison with assigned major accounts within the assigned channel.
2. Work with national and key regional customers in the assigned channel. Must maintain an excellent understanding of the business within the assigned market segment.
3. Orchestrate field efforts on programs established at each account by working with the Zone Vice President Managers to ensure program execution and desired results.
4. Compile a comprehensive understanding of each account's culture, key personnel, and direction.
5. Stay informed of competitor's efforts and programs with each key account.
6. Establish and maintain relationships with key buying end user customers to support pull-through sales.
7. Execute strategies/programs that will maximize sales while upholding our margins with our key accounts. Ensure that both short- and long-term strategies are developed and updated on a frequent basis focusing on significant opportunities.
8. Ensure that excellent displays of product offerings are refreshed and maintained at all times.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelors Degree (Required) and Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in sales team management or national account responsibility. Masters Degree a plus.
Multi-year experience in sales forecasting, successful consulting, developing sales programs, and promotions is preferred.
Must project an image with accounts that emanates professionalism, competence, credibility, and integrity. Individual possesses a high degree of people and presentation skills, a sense of urgency, and adept at the art of negotiations. Must have versatility and flexibility in adjusting to changing business needs and priorities, and strong communications skills, verbal and written. This includes basic knowledge using Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook. Strong team focus and ability to work with others, both internal and external to the organization.
Travel: Up to 50% overnight travel is expected.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.