Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Testing & Applications Engineer to be located in our Mansfield, Texas Facility.
The Testing & Applications Engineer is responsible for performing engineering analysis to define design requirements, review suitability of materials, and feasibility of proposed processes under daily direction.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Prepare product documentation including, but not limited to, detailed drawings, specifications and inspection criteria as directed.
2. Prepare proposed routings, bills of material, and cost estimates for completing the proposed project.
3. Perform benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed processes or material changes.
4. Participate as directed in resolving engineering design, product quality and testing issues.
5. Design prototypes and tests product components, sub-systems, and fixturing applying principles techniques of electrical, mechanical, and/or industrial engineering as directed.
6. Write technical reports as directed to document engineering analysis and findings.
7. Prioritize work to align with the goals of the department and various project teams.
8. Maintain close contact with associated engineering groups and project teams.
9. Work to minimize any design detail that may cause extra steps and add cost in the manufacturing process.
10. Perform other duties as requested.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelors Degree. No prior work experience is required.
Must possess solid knowledge of engineering fundamentals and principles with good general understanding of various material properties.
Must possess strong technical and analytical skills.
Must possess planning and organizational skills.
Demonstrated oral and written communication within a team environment.
Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word), analysis and design software a plus.
Ability to facilitate projects and solutions.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.