Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Director of Distribution to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Director of Distribution provides strategic and tactical direction for the distribution center, supporting the domestic and global distribution of product. Directs the activities and oversees the distribution center in the efficient use of labor hours and productivity to meet distribution center volume expectations. Applies accountability standards based on key metrics and implements change to continuously improve performance and increase workflow efficiencies. Drives operational improvements to achieve business goals as well as streamline processes and maximize operational performance to enable long term growth. Ensures effective utilization of space and equipment in the distribution center, and ensures processes are effectively established, followed, monitored and optimized. Provides coaching, mentoring and support in the development of staff, and recognizes
individual team success.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Ensure the timely shipment of products within the cost and quality specifications through effective use of subordinates and distribution activities. Ensure distribution capacity is utilized to meet customer demand; accountable for accurate staged and/or finished inventory levels. Key metrics: On time Shipping, Inventory accuracy percentage and Champion of Lean methodologies.
2. Analyze key metrics for the distribution center and ensure established goals are met in the areas of performance, quality, safety, customer satisfaction and budgetary plan. Improve performance and measure through use and interpretation of Continuous Improvement Tools.
3. Negiotiate freight contracts with carriers to control costs and oversee routing of finished products.
4. Develop the annual departmental fiscal budget. Determine staffing levels on an ongoing basis. Review regular departmental financial reports and take action where necessary to control costs. Approve all purchases of supplies and equipment. Plan, justify and submit capital projects for the distribution center. Implement and communicate countermeasures as required.
5. Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc. Take corrective action as necessary in accordance with Company policy. Ensure the compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consult with Human Resources as appropriate concerning departmental disciplinary issues.
6. Drive a proactive approach to Safety Management through education and reinforcement. Ensure that proper safety methods are used in the department as specified by the Corporate Loss Prevention group. Assure your team maintains an orderly and clean department.
7. Act as a liaison between department management and subordinate levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, safety, attitudes and results. Ensure awareness of the Company’s goals and objectives.
8. Implement quality systems/programs designed to provide assurance of product quality.
9. Work with corporate and local vendors to acquire and maintain all material handling equipment, storage, conveyors and related assets.
10. Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all functions necessary for the shipping of domestic and international orders. Maintains accurate records of shipping documents and inventory adjustments.
11. Primary liaison with Customer Service with respect to daily operational concerns and/or questions.
12. Through coaching, counseling, and instructional resources, provides opportunities for staff to improve technical and managerial skills, through training and education.
13. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferably in Operation and Logistics, combined with seven ﴾7﴿ years of manufacturing distribution experience. At least five ﴾5﴿ years of managerial and operations experience in high-volume distribution environment. MBA preferred. Experience with Lean Manufacturing techniques/Six Sigma.
Working knowledge of MRP/ERP and warehouse management systems.
Strong leadership skills combined with the ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with people, projects and issues.
Experience in a computerized distribution or warehouse environment.
Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office ﴾Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,Word﴿.
Ability to listen and communicate effectively.
Ability to lead people.
Ability to actively engage by means of discovery, process, and/or application of new information. Demonstrate key competencies, including conflict management, business negotiation, organization and decision-making.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.