General Machine Products, a Klein Tools company, located in Suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is a manufacturer of a wide range of products for the telecommunications, power utility and cable television industries, and the contractors who serve them.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the consistent administration of all employee benefit programs, safety programs, payroll functions, and activities for the facility.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Source, screen and quantify candidates for all positions within the facility. Conduct the new hire employee orientation and collect all necessary documentation.
2. Direct all plant safety programs, advise management of all OSHA standards. Recommend necessary compliance actions. Chair Safety Committee and ensure all OSHA related training. Attend safety roundtable meetings.
3. Administer company benefit programs at the plant level in the areas of group health and life insurance, disability, tuition reimbursement, vacations, holidays, leaves of absence by ensuring enrollment and processing claims. Administer the plant absenteeism, perfect attendance and discipline programs.
4. Coordinate all worker’s compensation and unemployment claims processing and interface with third party administrators, outside legal counsel and respective state agencies.
5. Process payroll for the facility, including data entry of production cards and generation of payroll checks. Answer and process payroll inquiries including court ordered child support deductions and garnishments. Prepare related correspondence pertaining to payroll issues.
6. Plan and implement employee’s activity programs including picnic and other events.
7. Make and maintain personnel records; maintain Human Resource Information System in compliance with Company policy and government agencies. Act as key liaison with the Corporate Human Resources office regarding system issues. Provide support to the facility Manager in the preparation of operation reports and analyses.
8. Identify training and development needs and assist in the delivery and implementation of programs to meet the needs of the plant.
9. Provide support and consultation in Human Resource matters to plant supervisory staff and the facility Manager.
10. Manage and control the Access Control System for security and as a back-up payroll clock. Make and setup new employees ID’s, schedule updates, and repairs.
11. Source, screen, and set up interviews for all Customer Service positions.
12. Attend meetings to keep up to date on any changes with State and Federal laws along with networking.
13. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Business/Human Resources or equivalent.
Minimum of four years related experience.
Basic knowledge and understanding of Human Resources practices.
Effective human interactive skills.
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.