Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Tax Director to be located in our Mansfield, TX or Lincolnshire, IL Facility.
Consideration will be given to qualified candidates open to being based in either location.
The Tax Director will be responsible for all tax activities to ensure compliance with Federal, State and International tax reporting requirements. The Tax Director will be part of the Corporate Finance and Accounting team, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
The Tax Director will coordinate with the Company’s independent tax accountants in the preparation and filing of all Federal, State and International income tax returns, as well as the payment of all quarterly estimated taxes. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the monthly filing of value added tax ﴾AT﴿returns for certain foreign entities. This individual will also research the tax impact on direct margin and gross margin for pricing models utilized to evaluate revenue opportunities.
The ability to work independently with little supervision is required, as is the ability to communicate proficiently with all levels of management in a highly visible fashion. The Tax Director must be detail-oriented and a self-starter with a strong work ethic and must be able to work well in a team environment.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Coordinate with the Company’s independent accountants for preparation and filing Federal, State and International tax returns.
2. Manage the financial statement tax accounting and tax compliance processes.
3. Manage all phases of the sales/use tax function including compliance, planning and reporting.
4. Ensure all reporting and filing obligations are satisfied accurately and timely.
5. Preparation of monthly VAT and Withholding Tax filings for foreign entities.
6. Review transfer pricing studies for US and cross border transactions.
7. Provide tax analysis & research for pricing models, including permanent establishment evaluation.
8. Prepare and/or review cash tax forecasts for corporate budgeting and forecasting.
9. Identify actions to drive improvement or potential cost savings.
10. Research and monitor federal and state income tax incentives for opportunities.
11. Provide analysis or reports as needed to support the objectives of the Company.
12. Provide assistance with foreign entity setup.
13. Provide tax research and stay current on tax regulations impacting or potentially impacting the Company.
14. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the CFO.
15. Manage preparation of 40+ individual shareholder returns.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a CPA license with a minimum of seven ﴾7﴿ years of progressive tax experience with a public accounting firm and/or large multinational company is required. A Masters of Taxation is preferred.
Experience with international taxation, including VAT filing requirements a plus.
In depth knowledge of tax accounting and reporting concepts, practices and procedures. Experience with consolidated pass‐through corporations, accounting methods, and fixed assets. Experience with personal taxation, trust taxation, estate & gift taxation, charitable taxation, with exposure to partnership taxation and corporate taxation, including state and local income ﴾ALT﴿ franchise tax. Exposure to reporting and filings related to foreign assets, investments and holdings would be a plus. Experience in the review of tax returns for family members and their trusts, investment entities, and private businesses. Strong research skills.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Self‐starter, strategic thinker and problem solver. Motivated and reliable with a strong work ethic.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.