Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
This is an advisory role in which the individual is responsible for managing specific phases or aspects of a project as directed. Individuals in this role have acquired the knowledge and experience with the various systems, processes and interdepartmental functions to perform all aspects of their job well.
1. Use theoretical principals and judgment to evaluate and select adaptations (as needed) of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in order to design equipment, systems, and processes to meet project requirements.
2. Make decisions on engineering problems and methods in order to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
3. Perform work which includes complex resolution of conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials and difficult coordination requirements.
4. Conduct process capability studies for proposed equipment and systems. Review cost estimates and evaluate engineering proposals and specifications.
5. Develop and test components, equipment, and systems by applying principles and techniques of electrical, mechanical, and/or industrial engineering as needed.
6. Write or assist others with technical reports to document engineering analysis and findings.
7. Prioritize projects to align with the goals of the various project teams and facilities.
8. Review the progress of all active projects on a consistent basis and work to maintain overall time lines.
9. Ensure that your work product provides for quality project outcomes downstream.
10. Be able to adapt and function in an environment of changing goals and priorities often under tight time constraints.
11. Maintain close contact with associated engineering groups, project teams, and business units in other facilities.
12. Mentor and assist other engineers within the department or associated groups and project teams.
13. Work to minimize any manufacturing downtime, scrap or waste during project implementation.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: