Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a CAD Drafter to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The CAD Drafter position is responsible for developing accurate and complete engineering documentation under the daily direction of an engineer. This position requires solid knowledge of computer drafting and design.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Prepares product documentation including but not limited to detailed drawings or 3D models of components or assemblies using the SolidWorks CAD system or other CAD software under the direction of an engineer.
2. Prepares Engineering Change Notice (ECN) documentation that is accurate and complete under the direction and approval of an engineer per the corporate procedures.
3. Accurately links product information (product drawings or inspection criteria) in PDV or other product data management software under the direction of an engineer.
4. Provides administrative services (scanning drawings, plotting drawings, storing drawings, distributing drawings, ordering product samples, sending out quote requests, and other services) to the engineering department as needed.
5. Maintain and order product engineering office supplies as required.
6. Prioritize work to align with the goals of the department and various project teams.
7. Review personal progress on projects with assigned engineer on a consistent basis and work to maintain time-lines.
8. Seek out and demand accurate inputs and produce only quality work product for your downstream customers.
9. Be able to adapt and function in an environment of changing priorities often under tight time constraints.
10. Maintain close contact with associated engineering groups and project teams.
11. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess an Associates degree and three (3) years of relevant CAD drafting experience with SolidWorks CAD software or equivalent 3D modeling software; or hold an Associates Degree in Computer Drafting & Design with no experience.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.