Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for performing engineering analysis to define design requirements, review sustainability of materials and feasibility of proposed processes under daily direction. This position will also perform benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed processes or material changes. This position will design prototypes and test product components, sub-systems and fixturing by applying principles and techniques of mechanical engineering.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Prepare product documentation including, but not limited to, detailed drawings, specifications and inspection criteria.
2. Prepare proposed routings, bills of material, and cost estimates for completing the proposed project.
3. Develop test plans for benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed processes or material changes.
4. Utilize problem-solving skills in resolving engineering design, product quality and testing issues.
5. Design, prototypes and tests product components, sub-systems, and fixture applying principles and techniques of electrical, mechanical, and/or industrial engineering.
6. Write or assist others in writing technical reports to document engineering analysis and findings.
7. Prioritize projects to align with the goals of the various project teams and facilities.
8. Seek out and demand accurate inputs and produce only quality work product for downstream customers.
9. Maintain close contact with associated engineering groups, project teams and business units in other facilities.
10. Work to minimize any manufacturing downtime, scrap or waste during project implementation.
11. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution and three (3) years related experience in SolidWorks or other CAD software.
Must possess strong analytical, planning, organizational, and conflict resolution skills.
Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word). Analysis software experience preferred.
Ability to manage complex engineering projects, tasks and be an active member of a project team.
Ability to communicate with all levels of a project team.
Ability to complete projects on time and within budget.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.