Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Senior Product Manager to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for developing and executing product strategy plans including 3 year life-cycle plans that fit the company's selling tactics, distribution channels, strategy, and financial goals on the large volume, complex product categories. This position will ensure the timely execution of marketing plans and effectively communicates critical information. This position will supply market and product data, analysis, and recommendations as needed. This position will understand competitive product lines and compare and contrast product features and benefits with a compelling selling story. This position will work with sales, marketing, supply chain and product managers to recommend new special application kits. This position must understand, initiate, and utilizes all tactical business drivers to obtain financial objectives.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Develop short-term and long-term product plans designed to maximize growth and profit goals.
2. Prepare annual plans for each major product line. Responsible for achieving plans for each major product line.
3. Recognized expert in the competitive environment, existing internal capabilities, and potential new capabilities, to periodically provide strategic, specific, and targeted recommendations for growth. Seeks out, evaluates, and prioritizes opportunities for product improvements, product line additions, new markets, improved merchandising, promotions, and other growth prospects.
4. Responsible for maintaining a product line portfolio strategy that includes 3 year product life-cycle plan to fulfill the company's new product launches, product modifications, promotions, and end of life discontinuation.
5. Provide direction, objectives and ensures timely execution of marketing plans, including product launches, product modifications, and promotions to generate excitement and sales trial of products.
6. Display leadership qualities when working with cross-functional teams and internal departments. Drives effective communication and collaboration within the organization. Fosters good working relationships among team members and other functional contacts. Mentors less experienced Product Management personnel.
7. Market & end user expert through interaction with sales people, distributors, and end users through a variety of venues. Collects and maintains market information. Conducts market research as necessary. Spends 10% of time in the field and documents this time and how and where it is spent learning about customer needs.
8. Serve as the product expert on performance, functionality, pricing, packaging, merchandising, and value propositions to internal and external customers. Provides product-related assistance to other areas of the company as needed.
9. Provide monthly narrative on major product line performance to plan, focusing on product lines that are significantly above or below plan along with corrective actions. Reports on product line performance by channel and makes appropriate recommendations for growth.
10. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related technical field and ten (10) years related work experience in consumer goods product management or five (5) years related work experience in product management combined with five (5) years other relevant business experience. MBA preferred. International experience strongly preferred.
Must possess an in-depth understanding and proven ability in complex financial calculations, multiple market research methodology, extensive implementation of all marketing activities (PR, Advertising, Promotions, POP, Packaging), developing strategic plans (pricing strategy, brand positioning, competitive analysis) with limited guidance, exposure to various manufacturing/sourcing supply chains, and project management proficiency.
Ability to manage budgets, forecasts, and business plans to achieve financial objectives.
Ability to identify plus justify a growth opportunity, then launching new product lines and working with a stage-gate development process.
Ability to be an effective team player that takes initiative and ownership, while influencing cross-functional team.
Demonstrate strong communications skills, verbal and written.
Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
Candidate must be able to travel up to 25%, to include international travel.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.