Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently recruiting for an Industrial Designer for our Lincolnshire, IL facility.
Under supervision, responsible for providing creative user-centric concept ideation through the use of discovery research, data visualization, problem framing, sketching, 3D rendering, 3D CAD, and prototyping under the mentoring and guidance of the Project Industrial Design Engineer.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Use theoretical principals and judgment to evaluate and develop design concepts to meet project requirements by preparing product concepts using sketches, 3D rendering, 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD), conceptual models, and/or rapid prototypes.
2. Write or assist others in writing technical reports and/or design briefs to document industrial design or engineering analysis and findings.
3. Prioritize projects to align with the goals of the various project teams under the guidance and mentoring of the Project Industrial Design Engineer.
4. Interpret consumer and customer feedback into essential innovations.
5. Review the progress on all active projects on a consistent basis and provide current and accurate information to maintain project time lines.
6. Maintain close contact with associated engineering, product management, project teams and business units in other facilities.
7. Identify trends and opportunities in the marketplace and have an understanding of materials, manufacturing techniques and processes, and quality control.
8. Work with all internal departments, plants and facilities as well as outside vendors of finished goods and suppliers of components.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design with up to 3 years of Industrial Design experience.
Experience using SolidWorks preferred.
Must demonstrate creative and analytic skills through traditional industrial design sketching, drawing or computerized drawing techniques. Must have strong communications skills, verbal and written. This includes basic knowledge using Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook. Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro experience is preferred. Strong team focus and ability to work with others, both internal and external to the organization.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.