Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a CAD Drafter to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL Facility.
This is a supporting position where the individual is responsible for working with the engineering staff and developing accurate and complete engineering documentation of general and product specific engineering requirements for the core product lines. This position supports the New Product Development (NPD) process to bring product from feasibility, through development, pilot, and up to launch. In addition, the CAD Drafter will work with engineers to support quality improvement and cost reduction projects that improve customer satisfaction and profitability.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Prepare product documentation including but not limited to detailed drawings or 3D models of components or assemblies using the SolidWorks Computer Aided Design (CAD) system or other CAD software under the direction of an engineer.
2. Assist in the developing of CAD models, 2D print layouts, Bill of Materials (BOM) and implement engineering Change Orders (ECO) documentation that is accurate and complete under the direction and approval of an engineer per the corporate procedures.
3. Accurately link product information (product drawings or inspection criteria) in PDV or other product data management software under the direction of an engineer.
4. Provide administrative services (scanning drawings, plotting drawings, storing drawings, distributing drawings, ordering product samples, sending out quote requests, and other services) to the engineering department as needed.
5. Prioritize work to align with the goals of the department and various project teams. Maintain and order product engineering office supplies as required.
6. Document the results of engineering analysis and field research that defines design requirements for new products. Review personal progress on projects with assigned engineer on a consistent basis and work to maintain time-lines.
7. Suggest and demand accurate inputs and produce only quality product for your downstream customers. Maintain close contact with associated engineering groups and project teams.
8. Be able to adapt and function in an environment of changing priorities often under tight time constraints.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will possess Associate of Applied Science Degree in Computer Drafting & Design CAD or equivalent years of relevant CAD drafting experience with SolidWorks CAD software or equivalent 3D modeling software.
The ability to draw detailed engineering drawings and 3D Solid Models based on concepts, sketches, or the limited details from an engineer is required.
Good organizational skills, attention to detail, machine shop practices and processes, and good drafting practices and standards are required.
Demonstrates the potential to drive tasks to completion and show an ability to support projects will be highly regarded.
Must have strong communications skills, verbal and written. This includes basic knowledge using Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook. Strong team focus and ability to work with others, both internal and external to the organization. The ability to work with and take direction from the engineering staff is needed.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.