Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Customer Service Supervisor (International Region) to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL Facility.
Align with the Director, Customer and Support Services, to manage and lead the efforts of direct reports to perform tasks and functions required to fully service the business and the success of internal and external customers. These responsibilities include order and shipment processing, staff and department management, problem solving and decision making, communication/ interpersonal skills, teamwork and technical aptitudes, cross-functional support and strategic planning/thinking/execution. In the performance of these responsibilities, provide effective leadership and support for direct reports and deliver a high level of quality service to internal and external customers, provide a value-added benefit to company brands and reduce administrative responsibility of the sales force.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Manage Regional Customer Support Specialists, Representatives and Associates, Order Entry Operators and any other related Customer Service processing activities, ensuring that departmental goals are met (order entry/processing, shipping, phone coverage, emails, Distributor and Sales inquiries, RGA, WRA and claims, quotes and Charge back Resolution). Ensure efficient and accurate handling in which errors are avoided and corrections are made in a timely fashion. Ensure customer satisfaction with the services Klein Tools' Customer Service group provides. Communicate and act as a resource to staff on policy, procedure and pertinent business process and management information. Develop skills of Customer Service staff by continuous evaluation and training, providing individual development plan utilizing standards of performance and the review process.
2. Manage the overall process flow of orders to meet time requirements. Ensure orders are processed and released continuously so as not to jeopardize customer requirements. Ensure individual customer procedures are updated every 6 months or as needed. Coordinate with Sales, Distribution Center, Product Management, Marketing, etc. to ensure timely shipping. Manage customer specific contract pricing. Set up new accounts, update and maintain existing accounts in AS400.
3. Work with Director, Customer and Support Services, Sales and Logistics and Distribution personnel to ensure understanding and performance of Customers and Sales expectations. As needed, participate in internal and external departmental meetings in order to provide input and planning on customer business plans, service strategies, system enhancements, business management realignment, business practice changes, etc. Initiate and implement value-added projects and systems to position the department for current and future business practices, requirements and services. Participate in interview process for new employees.
4. Positively influence the actions and opinions of direct reports in a desired direction. Be the "consider the best possible options thought leader" for direct reports or others within Customer Service, or other departments to achieve worthwhile objectives. Properly use authority. Maturely direct and create positive energy (motivation) with others. Delegate work amongst direct reports to ensure reinforcement of training and proper work load distribution.
5. Effectively speak, write and document activities and present information via written & spoken word so as to lead direct reports to meet departmental goals and objectives. Effectively utilize management tools, such as, Corrective Action Report to document, provide feedback and develop corrective action plan for direct reports.
6. Provide escalation point for Customer Support staff by identifying alternatives, weighing impact and making best decision using a systematic approach and good judgment. Pro-actively identify, analyze, develop, execute and measure solutions for a broad scope of routine and complex independent issues and trends. Publish and present problem-solving strategies to improve efficiencies across the entire Customer Service department and appropriate benefactors.
7. Effectively communicate and demonstrate technical proficiency and knowledge of current position, systems and functions within Customer Service and the organization so as to train current and new employee personnel in Customer Service and in other departments within the organization. Provide system testing support as needed.
8. Contribute as individual and as part of a team to achieve company and departmental goals and objectives. Cross train to maintain accurate account profiles, provide assistance and guidance to team members as needed. Cooperate and respond to team as needed.
9. Provide support and solutions to cross-functional staff as needed, i.e. Sales, Credit Collection, Marketing, Distribution and any other individual or department within the organization, as needed. Participate in meetings and provide support, reports and follow-up, as needed.
10. Work with Director, Customer and Support Services, for focus on key issues both current and future and link goals to strategy. Deploy strategy as communicated to meet organizational requirements. Measure progress in goal/objective for follow-up and continuous growth.
11. Maintain time, attendance and vacation records for employees who report to this position according to all current Klein Tools policies and procedures. Ensure areas in Customer Service are well covered for any given business day.
12. Create shipping documents/labels for Transportation and Logistics and any other customer requests or requirements. Translate documents for Customer Service or various departments, as needed.
13. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor's degree (required). A minimum of seven (7) years of cross- functional experience plus one year as a project leader is required.
Ability to manage and support customer service activities in a highly computerized work environment. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment dealing with high volume and high visibility internal and external customers. Ability to develop strategy and maintenance plans in an evolving customer environment. Ability to handle high stress levels.
Highly skilled in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Must be an effective communicator (verbal and written). Bilingual candidate with the ability to speak, read and write in Spanish is strongly preferred.
Must be tactful and diplomatic. Must be adaptable to change with the ability to lead people in an ever-changing environment, while staying focused on customer service. Must stay focused while multi-tasking within an environment with many interruptions.
Telephone and e-mail etiquette skills.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.