Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
This position reports to the Vice President, Manufacturing Engineering managing quality related activities associated with local supplier issues in the assigned region. This position will provide full responsibility and leadership for supplier corrective actions, audits, PPM Metrics, and communication to resolve any quality related issues. This position will also work closely with the Quality Managers at both local facilities to prioritize and resolve supplier quality issues.
Specific Responsibilities would include:
1. Manage supplier issues to drive down scrap rates and warranty returns of manufactured products, as a percent of sales.
2. Serve as the liaison between suppliers, manufacturing, Product Engineering, and purchasing to address non‐conformity issues.
3. Serve as the primary quality assurance resource to suppliers for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
4. Issue corrective actions to suppliers that have supplied products that do not meet product requirements.
5. Work with supply base to implement corrective action for non‐conforming materials.
6. Develop, execute, and analyze quality‐reporting measures using the Corrective Action System for NCR's.
7. Conduct audits of suppliers that have quality ratings that fall below the acceptable requirement threshold.
8. Lead cross functional team effort to improve supplier products and processes.
9. Develop, apply, and maintain quality requirements, standards for development and manufactured products.
10. Promote and execute statistical analysis, statistical control, quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
11. Participate in internal quality audits and DFSS activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during tool or process design and startup.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related discipline and a minimum of one year of experience in a Supplier Quality Engineering role within a Manufacturing environment.
American Society for Quality ﴾ASQ﴿ Certified Supplier Quality Engineer preferred.
Must possess knowledge in general safety and quality system awareness. Ability to use measuring instruments ﴾e.g. calipers, micrometers, optical comparators and CMM's﴿.
Ability to use a corrective action system to monitor issues.
Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office ﴾Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word﴿.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.