Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Bilingual Customer Support Associate to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL Facility.
Under general supervision perform all order processing and customer service functions required to fully service Klein Tools customers. Continuously improve what the company does to support the business and the success of internal and external customers. General knowledge of products, policies, procedures, systems (Klein Tools and customers), organizational structure, and industry. Demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems of routine scope and complexity. Ability to organize and prioritize work volume to meet deadlines and achieve results.
1. General knowledge and ability to handle customers and their systems as related to Klein business growth. Demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems of routine scope and complexity. Ability to organize and prioritize work volume to meet deadlines and achieve results. General supervision required handling daily business requirements. For Canada and International set up new accounts, update and maintain customer information in system. Able to process accurate information necessary to handle most aspects of the position.
2. General supervision required handling and prioritizing all daily business requirements. Under general direction operates ongoing with a sense of urgency and zero tolerance for carryover with respect to order entry. Ensure orders are processed, maintained appropriately with approvals and released timely. Keep well informed on new updates and follow pop-up text, emails and written / verbal direction. Pay attention to detail so as to recognize process changes and take required action as instructed. "Specials" order processing requiring additional entry with features and options. For International submit international pick plan via varsity daily as instructed / needed.
3. Calls from Cisco phone system are answered within the required time frame. For International direct phone calls and emails are responded to timely. Questions are acknowledged and answered as requested with minimal call transfer. Follow-up call is performed as needed.
4. Investigate, research and enter in system based on claim requirements and Customer Service procedures as required. Review CMS errors to ensure Standard of Performance requirements are met and errors are limited or eliminated from repeating.
5. Review, retain and stay well-informed on current marketing, regional, divisional and customer-specific promos to ensure all appropriate promo codes and promotion attributes are applied as instructed and able to communicate information as needed.
6. Investigate, research and process all charge backs accurately within 30 days of receipt by Customer Service. Communicate any open deduction aged 30 days to supervisor and Director, Customer and Support Services.
7. Issue RGA (Return Goods Authorization) and WRA (Warranty Return Authorization) return authorizations accurately within 48 hours of receipt, obtaining all necessary approvals as needed. Where RGA approvals are required from sales and not received timely, follow up until total resolution achieved on outstanding return issues.
8. Analyze and solve problems of routine scope and complexity. Has general knowledge of products, policies, procedures, systems (Klein Tools and customers), organizational structure, and industry.
9. Build enduring positive relationships with peers, supervisors, managers, all internal and external customers. Effectively manage, process and present verbal and written information. Listen effectively. Respond to information requests timely and accurately providing others with information in advance of potential issues. Maintain a 'can do attitude' and relate positively with others while problem-solving toward issue resolution. Remain poised under pressure. Be tactful.
10. Contribute as an individual and as part of a team to achieve company and department goals and objectives. Cross train, back up, maintain accurate account profiles, provide assistance to team members as needed. Cooperate and respond to assist team , enabling team to meet and/or exceed department and company goals and objectives.
11. Understand the process of requests for promotion payment (coop) well to assist sales and Customer Service meet customer's expectation. Investigate accuracy of information submitted on coop claim forms and obtain all necessary approvals for processing payment or credit request.
12. Demonstrate thorough technical proficiency of systems in relation to the position. May be considered a tester for system enhancements.
13. Plan business coverage ongoing and ensures that business associates are aware of all issues, processes and procedures necessary to handle business requirements for a period prior to a scheduled absence.
14. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a High School Diploma or equivalent (required). College degree preferred. A minimum of one (1) year of related business experience preferred.
Bilingual candidate with the ability to speak, read and write in Spanish is strongly preferred.
Prior experience with Telephone and e-mail etiquette.
Ability to work in highly computerized work environment. Ability to work in fast-paced and high-stress environment. Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written. Tactful and diplomatic. Ability to handle multiple tasks and interruptions. Ability to prioritize and re-prioritized throughout the business day.
Ability to recognize, adapt and implement new procedures. Ability to utilize basic and ad hoc reporting. Ability to identify, troubleshoot and elevate system issues.
Fundamental knowledge of all systems used: e-mail, Word, Excel, Power Point, PRMS, AS400, BOSS, Varsity. Ability to test updated system version implementation. Ability to train new users in the PRMS order management system.
Must be able to effectively operate a broad variety of office machines, including but not limited to fax, photocopier, personal computers and telecommunications systems.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.