Plans, coordinates, and directs quality control program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards, customer specifications, and production goals. Represents the voice of the customer during new product launches through the shipment of finished goods. Liaison between product quality requirements, and internal or external customers.
1. Works with production personnel and plant management to analyze and solve problems to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
2. Develops and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
3. Responsible for the development, application, and maintenance of quality control standards and tests used in processing finished products.
4. Supervises quality control staff, including coaching, developing, disciplining, and evaluating work performance.
5. Leads development of PFMEAs, Control Plans, and Flow Diagrams during the APQP process, using a team approach.
6. Investigates (and corrects) customer concerns regarding quality.
7. Ensures a high level of internal and external customer service.
8. Designs, develops and implements quality control training programs.
9. Maintains active role on internal Continuous Improvement teams.
10. Ensures effectiveness of Quality System through internal and external audits, and performance measures.
11. Facilitates corrective action meetings and Kaizen events; issues corrective action requests and verifies actions are effective.
12. Supports ISO17025 Laboratory accreditation through required manufacturing and documentation processes.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree from a four year accredited college or university.
Minimum 5 years related manufacturing experience required; 3 years supervisory/management experience with demonstrated ability to lead people; knowledge/experience with strategy deployment preferred.
Working knowledge and experience using Lean Manufacturing Tools. (6S, 5 Why's, Fishbone, DMAIC, etc.).
Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills; Ability to define problems, and resolve them quickly.
Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations.
Working knowledge of ASQ, ASME, ASTM, IEC, ISO 9001 and TS 16949 Standards.
Working knowledge of MIOSHA standards.
Effective computer skills necessary, with ability to use Microsoft products.
Excellent oral and written communication and facilitation.
Six sigma green or black belt certification preferred.
Print reading, basic GD&T, and dimensional analysis experience preferred.
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.