General Machine Products, a Klein Tools company, located in Suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is a manufacturer of a wide range of products for the telecommunications, power utility and cable television industries, and the contractors who serve them. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for sales growth in assigned geographic territory. This includes selling to distributors and end user in-office and job-site settings; job-site product demonstrations with end users; and independent sale rep agency management
1. Increase territory sales volume.
2. Manage, train, and support independent sales agencies to achieve sales goal.
3. Successfully demonstrate products in-field to end users, converting >50% demonstrations to sales.
4. Create and sustain relationships with influential decision makers, top managers and owners of all distributors and end user contractors in his/her territory.
5. Develop and report on all active sales opportunities monthly.
6. Continually prospect for new customers and channels of distribution adding distributors and stocking locations where necessary to increase territory sales.
Bachelors degree and 3 to 5 years experience required. Must have a proven track record of continued sales growth and new account prospecting. Must have versatile and strong communications skills to a variety of customers from tradespeople in field to business owners and management. This includes basic knowledge using Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook. Strong team focus and ability to work with others, both internal and external to the organization. Must be physically able to perform all physical duties associated with this position, driving long distances, lifting, and demonstrating products. Must be bondable, and possesses a valid driver’s license at all times.
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.