Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Commodity Manager to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finished Goods Supply Chain, this position is responsible for all Supply Chain activities associated with the assigned categories. The Commodity Manager will develop, execute, and maintain strategies related to supplier identification, sourcing, supplier management, and spend optimization. This position will be closely aligned with all business units in support of new product development and inventory management.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Optimize cost for assigned products, with an emphasis on cost reduction and margin improvement.
2. Develop sourcing strategies and lead contract negotiation.
3. Launch and support new product innovation and drive best practices across commodity.
4. Develop multi-year commodity plans for various products including spend consolidation.
5. Oversee all activities related to the management of assigned spend, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity/service.
6. Recruit, maintain and manage world-class suppliers with focus on total cost of ownership improvement.
7. Plan, organize, direct, control and communicate all strategic sourcing activities related to assigned spend.
8. Drive spend analysis activities identifying strategic sourcing opportunities within assigned commodities and throughout the SC environment where applicable.
9. Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, terms/ conditions, and acceptability of items to specifications.
10. Develop a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and sourcing strategies to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service across multiple global locations.
11. Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability.
12. Pro-actively establish and implement countermeasures to negative market trends and missed objective performance.
13. Negotiate effective cash and inventory management positions with suppliers.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Quality or related field with a minimum of seven (7) years of Procurement-related experience is required. Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) is a plus.
A Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or Certified in Production and Inventory Management (C.P.I.M.) certification is a plus.
Demonstrated understanding of lean principles and demand flow techniques. Commodity and market expert, high level of technically competency. Project management & problem solving skills. Demonstrated supplier management skills. Must be able to work and effectively communicate with all levels of the company and suppliers. Leads and effectively manages cross-functional teams. Drives for continuous improvement.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Microsoft Project.
Must be willing to travel one (1) week per month (25%).
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.