GMP is now offering a $1,000 sign on bonus and $1.00 shift differential!
The Production Associate is responsible for operating manual and CNC equipment, assembly, and packaging. This position is also responsible for maintaining inventory of assembly components within the work area and setup of components to complete each assembly assignment.
1. Operate manual and CNC ﴾computer numerical control﴿ metal cutting equipment.
2. Read bill of materials, gather product to assemble kits, and position parts following assembly instructions or blueprints.
3. Assemble product using hand tools/power tools and apply product labeling in the proper areas when applicable.
4. Ensure product meets all quality and functional requirements.
5. Package product using packaging instructions.
6. Maintain an organized and accurate inventory of kit components within the assigned work cell.
7. Perform minor troubleshooting on equipment.
8. Disassemble products sent back to the facility for repair to replace or salvage parts.
9. Efficiently complete all assembly by required deadline and standard rate.
10. Keep a clean and organized work area.
11. Practice, promote and support Lean implementation, continuous improvement initiatives and 5S standards in the assigned work area.
12. Continuously look for ways to improve process flow and eliminate waste.
13. Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. (1) year of assembly or mechanical work experience is preferred.Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to work with others and independently with minimum supervision.
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.