GMP is now offering a $1,000 sign on bonus!
We are looking for a skilled Tool and Die Maker to craft dies and metal tools for our manufacturing facility. In this role, you will be required to interpret design schematics, cut and shape dies, and assemble the completed parts. You may also need to test the performance of the completed product.
To be successful as a Tool and Die Maker, you should have in-depth knowledge of metalwork and engineering, a good eye for detail, and the ability to visualize structural components. A top-class Tool and Die Maker is able to translate ideas into expertly crafted metal forms ready for the manufacturing process.
1. Use sketches, blueprints, specifications and models to plan operations for the fabrication of dies, tools and assemblies, ensuring safety and maximum efficiency.
2. Verify dimensions of finished parts to ensure they conform to specifications using dial indicators, gauge blocks, calipers and micrometers.
3. Utilize hand and machine tools to assemble parts of tools and dies and to repair and modify gauges, jigs and dies.
4. Design templates and jigs to be used as work aids for convenient fabrication of products and parts.
5. Diagnose and troubleshoot problems and perform repairs on tools, manually operated dies and progressive dies.
6. Interface with external and internal customers, handle supplier and customer concerns, and work with team members to solve problems during the production process.
7. File and finish workpieces using the appropriate hand tools to ensure products are smooth and that they fit together properly.
8. Select the appropriate metals and materials to be used based on properties, ensuring they meet project specifications.
9. Perform all other duties as assigned
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand basic english
Demonstrate proficiency in basic math and trigonometry
High school diploma or equivalent
Ability to communicate and work as a team member
Must be able to stand for shift durations
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Completion of apprenticeship program or trade school diploma program
Minimum (3) years of experience in tool and die making