GMP is now offering a $1,000 sign on bonus and $1.00 shift differential!
Sets up and operates variety of machine shop tools and machines such as radial drill press, lathes, milling machines, punch presses, shapers, and grinders, to machine metal
work pieces such as patterns and machine, tool, or die parts by performing the following duties.
1. Studies blueprint or layout on work piece to visualize machining required, and plans sequence of operations.
Selects method of holding work piece.
2. Lifts work piece manually or using hoist, and positions and secures it to holding device such as machine table,
chuck, centers, or fixture. Verifies work piece position.
3. Selects feed rate, cutting speed, depth of cut, and cutting tool ﴾bar tool, rotary cutter, or abrasive wheel﴿ for each
4. Positions and secures tool in tool holder ﴾chuck, collet, or tool post﴿.
5. Moves controls to position tool and work piece in relation to each other, and to set feeds, speeds, and depth of
6. Starts machine, turns hand wheel to feed tool in work piece or vice versa, and engages automatic feeding device.
7. Turns valve handle to start flow of coolant against tool and work piece.
8. Observes operation and regulates tool position and action.
10. Verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications.
11. Measures, marks, and scribes work piece to lay out for machining.
12. Devises ways of clamping work pieces and makes special jigs and fixtures as needed. Works on nonmetallic
13. Perform other duties as required.
Shift: 1st and 2nd
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of three ﴾3﴿ year of experience working as a machinist in plastic
injection molding. CNC and Master Cam experience a plus.
Ability to use tool room equipment such as lathes, mills, grinders and have experience working on injection molds.
Ability to read and understand part and tool prints. Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine
to exact positions. Must have good communication skills and work well within a team. Ability to work productively
with minimum supervision. Ability to use measuring tools and hold tolerances.