General Machine Products, a Klein Tools company, located in Suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is a manufacturer of a wide range of products for the telecommunications, power utility and cable television industries, and the contractors who serve them.
The Manufacturing Engineer provides engineering support in the areas of manufacturingprocesses, process documentation, manufacturing engineering, systems, procedures,equipment, tooling, maintenance and facilities. This position leads moderate to complex engineering assignments and projects with multiple departmental interactions regarding all manufacturing processes.
1. Work safely to prevent on‐the‐job injuries by following Company and OSHA safety rules and regulations, understanding machine safeguards, recognizing and reporting safety hazards, wearing required PPE.
2. Provide engineering support, direction and follow up in the development of new tooling and fixturing.
3. Participate in new tooling and equipment to provide improved manufacturing processes through increased quality and reduced cost.
4. Utilize problem‐solving skills to analyze manufacturing difficulties to determine root cause and define corrective actions in support of on‐going operational activities.
5. Provide leadership, direction, technical support, training and assistance to other manufacturing staff members.
6. Provide support in the design, documentation, and implementation of manufacturing processes for operating facilities for improvement of production.
7. Participate in the use of current processes and the implementation of new processes and applications dedicated to the management of these documents.
8. Assist in the implementation of World‐Class Principles such as 6S to improve customer satisfaction and reduce waste.
9.Proficent with the use of CAM and CAD systems.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree and one ﴾1﴿ year experience.
Must possess basic knowledge of tooling design methods and machine tool programming.
Ability to use Microsoft Office and CAD/CAM software.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
Ability to communicate and work as a team member.
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.